ULTRAKILL
The newest ULTRAKILL layer, Violence has just been released. I played it to completion and have some thoughts about it, not only about the layer but about the game as well. It is the best layer so far and it casts a shadow over everything Hakita has made previously.

Along with the four new brilliant levels, we also get three new enemies which complement the game perfectly. If you were to observe the actions of some enemies you will see that when you are doing something unusual they cannot do anything to counter you and some enemies do not fit ULTRAKILL whatsoever, for example Filth, to defeat him you do not need to procure a plan you need to press space and he is utterly defeated and will no longer pose a threat to you, when playing a game where options of movement are so abundant filth seems befitting to the original DOOM not to ULTRAKILL. These new three are perfectly tailored for ULTRAKILL.

Mannequin is the most unique of the three, made up of hands, moving erratically, climbing unto walls throwing projectiles that follow V1's movement. Facing one of these for the first time was very frightening.

Gutterman has a machine gun and a shield that can be broken by hitting it with the Knuckleblaster. If a projectile sent by V1 gets hit by his machine gun fire, it explodes, potentially harming you. I discovered this when I was trying to escape from him using rocket ride, the rocket I was riding exploded and I died.

Guttertank lays down mines and uses rockets.

They are good additions to the game and I think these three belong to the category of Authentic ULTRAKILL enemies, whereas some enemies are so uninspired that they really do not belong in ULTRAKILL.

And also many novelties, such as a boss battle wherein you have to move between three moving carts while also trying to avoid taking damage and delivering damage to the boss, who also surprises you by returning from death right before you are about to finish the level. The case of 7-2.

A level that is almost completely dark, the only light source being, aside from the occasional thunder and sacrifice trees that paint the world red, flashlight that lights up where you are looking. 7-3

[Image: image.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-17.jpg]

The Aesthetic coherence of the first three levels is broken in the fourth level wherein you have to climb a massive war machine that is also fighting an identical war machine in the distance. ULTRAKILL's great boss design peaks here, once you reach the heart of the machine a contraption activates and now you have to not only pay mind to projectiles but also have to move up and down to avoid damage, very exciting and mechanically demanding, I was on the edge of my seat each time I died. And after the battle you have to make your escape before the Machine explodes  Mastering the level took a very brief time relative to the pain I had to endure in the first attempt, the contrivances Hakita set up to challenge me didn't endure long.

[Image: Screenshot-7.jpg]

When I played the P-2 level of ULTRAKILL for the first time after finishing it the game told me that I had died 190+ times, which is an absurd number I had about 180 hours on the game whilst I was playing the level and never was I this challenged, so I played the level again and this time I had 20 or so deaths and the next time I played I had 4 deaths and I played one final time wherein I never died and completed the level with a P rank.

The same thing happened with P-1 though it wasn't as difficult as P-2 I mastered both of them regardless.

Now let us be honest, we are all ULTRAKILL players here, how often do you return to play P-1? And how often do you return to P-2?

You could say here that P-1 is less challenging but I will say to you that in the future, once the game is fully released the custom levels created by the community will define what challenging ULTRAKILL means. And even after that P-2 will stay as an excellent level whereas P-1 is already mostly forgotten. If you don't believe me pick up Sunlust, Eviternity and Eviternity 2 and compare them to the commercial DOOM map releases. Most of the DOOM official maps are poor but Thy Flesh Consumed stays popular.

The music of Ultrakill—There is nothing to chew on ULTRAKILL's music Hakita is aware of this hence whenever we are out of combat the music's volume and complexity decrease. The moment where we can truly appreciate the music, it is hidden from us whereas when our attention is divided it bursts out, what is the meaning of this, Hakita is neither a good musician nor competent in composing. Of course the music he makes is to accompany the game and it fits the pace of ULTRAKILL which consists of moving from one enemy encounter to another. But does anyone listen to this when they're not playing the game? Even when playing the game I mute the music since it is really irritating, it is as if the game is trying to convince me of how hardcore and intense it is.

Violence in ULTRAKILL—You would assume from the name that it is one of the most HARDCORE and VIOLENT games of all time but no, the level of Violence in ULTRAKILL is on the same level as Boltgun. The harm you inflict upon your enemies does not feel satisfactory, you could only convince a toddler who is mesmerized by the amount of blood in this game that the game is Violent. I thought up this while playing ULTRAKILL, the enemies in ULTRAKILL are bloodbags, wherever you shoot them the same amount of blood comes out and once an enemy dies it explodes and scatters blood everywhere even when their appearance is bony. It is impossible to satiate one's blood thirst with this game, despite the obscene amount of blood being scattered each time you kill an enemy, it simply is not violent in the same manner as Brutal DOOM is.

The game is in hell, and the seventh layer of hell is Violence, how does the seventh layer of hell look to Hakita? What is it's architecture?

It's architecture is Starved Neoclassicism, no ornamentation and a very limited color palette of white. It has a very austere look and it has giant doors and very long hallways that instill the idea that before this grandiose architecture we are tiny. This layer is not afraid of throwing you into darkness, it has no desire to light up everything and make sure that you never face the abyss.

Is ULTRAKILL fast?—ULTRAKILL once was Prestissismo for us, now it is Vivace and soon it will become Allegretto. This is arguably a good development, we have grown quite accustomed to the speed of ULTRAKILL hence we no longer feel it as something fast.

People who appreciate this game solely for its challenging aspects and speed will also be the first ones to depart for the next ULTRAKILL derivative Quakeboomershootervania which will be even FASTER and more CHALLENGING, however if this game receives high quality custom levels it has even greater potential than DOOM. Think about it this way, DOOM is 30 years old now and it is still occupying the minds of people with good taste, some weeks ago we got Eviternity II which was wonderful and it will keep on going, however DOOM is a very old game and the amount of things that can be done within it is ultimately less than ULTRAKILL, DOOM is a challenge for the mind, whereas ULTRAKILL is a challenge for the hands but ULTRAKILL with it's recent levels show us that, it indeed can be challenge for the mind.

5-3, Ship of Fools, my favorite level after P-2, is set in a ship and has a very clever twist to it, once you reach the room with the rocket launcher and pick it up, the boss of 5-4, Leviathan pays a brief visit to you and strikes the ship, resulting in the ship turning upside down and being partially flooded. Ship turning upside down means that now you have to return to the initial place where you came from, where it now serves as an exit. This level is simply brilliant, a very simple concept of playing the same level twice but the second time the level is upside down, is executed perfectly. This level is easy but it will never age.

[Image: Screenshot-11.jpg]

Story told in three images.

ULTRAKILL's earlier levels have aged terribly even before the game could be completed and with each addition to the game they seem even older and even more out of place.

Can ULTRAKILL resurrect someone from the dead? No it simply cannot, it is not hyperstimulative if it were the game alone would suffice but this certainly isn't the case thus developers in anticipation, how do you say it, they rape the player.

You can not even imagine how conceptually advanced this is, Video Games, are usually Vices, what makes Vices great? You can combine them. So you can drink alcohol while gambling and play video games while gooning.

So if video games are a vice for you, why shouldn't you combine it with other vices? The imbecile gamer has no answer.

This is the logical conclusion of failing to truly appreciate video games, with each passing year people who can not truly appreciate video games will be wrangled ever harsher and not only that they will be reduced to the status of gamblers and goonslaves. It is over for them! The gambling addicts are already victims of Gacha Games and Foreverleagueoflegendsvaniagames. The lustful are the next target.

Hakita is bisexual and is not an hostage of an internet clique, he is the product and perhaps the pinnacle of it. His co-worker is also a furry.

ULTRAKILL as of now does not have many good custom levels but I will share the ones I liked nevertheless.

Many of the level titles are also references to music pieces, I collected the ones I like.

Heart of The Sunrise, 1-1

In the Wake of Poseidon,5-1

Waves of the Starless Sea,5-2
But its made by trannies and supports anal vibration toys on the steam addons page, ACK. Sorry! I dont make the rules sis
Hakita's music writing coming to its own has been entertaining to watch.
I thought it was interesting how early on, something he commonly did was frequently change time signatures in songs to create chaos. I figure he wanted it to be a sort of signature for his style, but the issue is that it's hard to make that sound good. He got lucky and it sounded good in Panic Betrayer, but in Requiem it takes away from the march-like rhythm, making the song less coherent overall. In Chaos it's applied too much without enough thought, and it comes off as wannabe Dream Theater. Sure there is chaos, but that doesn't make the song particularly good.
Recently he gave the rapid time signature shifts another run in Violence, and it worked out a lot better. Danse Macabre is absolutely awesome, and the djent-y Bull of Hell also turned out great. Hear! The Siren Song Call of Death basically has the same problem as Requiem, but it's still better because of how other parts of his songwriting have improved since then. 
There's a clear evolution here: He's gone from "wow look at all this cool complex cerebral experimental stuff I can write!" to learning how to make it actually sound good and applying it to great effect.
Hijacking this thread to ask why trannies and the worst fag outputs of the System enjoy boomer shooters so much. Is it their stunted minds (due to the corrosive effects of hormone replacement therapy) being only able to comprehend simplistic mechanics (a hypothesis I disagree with due to their penchant for 4x strategy games)? Is it desire for control (being able to dominate the enemies in-game whilst they limply follow the directives of troonfluencers for every other sphere of life)? Or is it a twisted growth out of the tendency for nostalgia that infected Millenials so utterly? Perhaps it is a combination, though I favor the "control" theory.
Guest Wrote:Hijacking this thread to ask why trannies and the worst fag outputs of the System enjoy boomer shooters so much. Is it their stunted minds (due to the corrosive effects of hormone replacement therapy) being only able to comprehend simplistic mechanics (a hypothesis I disagree with due to their penchant for 4x strategy games)? Is it desire for control (being able to dominate the enemies in-game whilst they limply follow the directives of troonfluencers for every other sphere of life)? Or is it a twisted growth out of the tendency for nostalgia that infected Millenials so utterly? Perhaps it is a combination, though I favor the "control" theory.

Have you played Touhou? Mastered a DDR game? Done genocide Undertale? Beaten the Hollow Knight DLCs? Or done an SL1 run for any Dark Souls game?

If you have, then you should know that there is a visceral moment of hyperstimulation, where you fall effortlessly into mastered patterns and your reactions tend to become nearly frame-perfect. It is essentially a form of an induced hypnotic trance state. To better understand the phenomena - watch these videos (fullscreen, with audio).

It is hypnotic to even watch it, let alone to play it - you need an absolute mastery of bhopping, along with a perfect understanding of the map. After you do it a few hundred times, your mind begins to fold into a trance-like state where it can no longer keep up with the automated responses of the body. You react before you think, without realizing it. Pure rhythmic flow. An intense experience of disassociation (which is all hyperstimulation really is).

The 'boomer FPS', that line running from Quake 2 to Unreal Tournament 2004 is defined by an essential quality that it enabled it to induce such states of hypnotic hyperstimulation. You move fast - faster still with the 2X speeds and low-grav modifiers on -t he modern FPS feels profoundly turgid, slow, and 'tactical' in comparison. In those ancient game you die, then you respawn instantly. There is no break or disconnection in flow. Patterns begin to fix. You fall into trajectories and paths, running from gun to gun, health kit to health kit. You pick up your kills as you can, but you *stay*in the flow. The trance slowly creeps in and time starts to melt, almost with a feeling of falling. If you are listening to music, you feel yourself sinking into it.

At the highest extremes, the experience is a drug that annihilates the mind, surrendering it temporarily to pure automata.
Zed Wrote:
Guest Wrote:Hijacking this thread to ask why trannies and the worst fag outputs of the System enjoy boomer shooters so much. Is it their stunted minds (due to the corrosive effects of hormone replacement therapy) being only able to comprehend simplistic mechanics (a hypothesis I disagree with due to their penchant for 4x strategy games)? Is it desire for control (being able to dominate the enemies in-game whilst they limply follow the directives of troonfluencers for every other sphere of life)? Or is it a twisted growth out of the tendency for nostalgia that infected Millenials so utterly? Perhaps it is a combination, though I favor the "control" theory.

Have you played Touhou? Mastered a DDR game? Done genocide Undertale? Beaten the Hollow Knight DLCs? Or done an SL1 run for any Dark Souls game?

The Touhou connection is very accurate. I've made that comparison before, that the new revisionist interpretation of the 'Boomer Shooter' basically turns what were meant to be action movie experiences into Touhou in 3D (there's even a touhou doom wad). And there's a big overlap in the phenomena Guest is talking about. I haven't seen the footage myself, but I knew a guy who was really into his touhou and touhou communities. He got the footage. He's seen what happens at touhou conventions. He showed me one frame of the video and it looked like something out of Noe's Irreversible but with maid outfits.

There's something to be said for these extreme kinetic (tranny-coded word so relevant) experiences. I've one credit cleared one touhou game (it was 6) and had a great time doing it. But I was able to do so because I think ZUN's work is beautiful as a whole. I like his weird doll-drawings, his premises, his odd writing, the way the game looks while it's trying to kill you, awesome music. And, just by appreciating a bit of the game that opens the door to appreciating everything that Touhou fans have made. If I listen to the Shibayan Records stuff I can identify which tracks they're playing off of. And that's really cool.

As for the weird kinetic tranny-fans. Do they actually make any of this nicer extended touhou stuff? I don't really think so. It all seems to be Japanese. They seem to be better at appreciating Touhou.

Now as for Ultrakill, maybe I'll actually play it eventually so I can talk about it in more than generalities.

Watched some parts of it, very interesting, a western FPS, driven by a true artfag, with stem-effeminate-tranny-slaves.
When I think of Tranny Slaves I think of Chinese Eunuchs, servile but with influence (Janny). I think it's a reemergence of that system.
ULTRAKILL got a new update, and the arsenal is now complete, except for the golden hand. So it is time to buy the game. And play it. Jackhammer, is the best weapon in any fps ever. ULTRAKILL is great. ULTRAKILL the game is complete, even though for ULTRAKILL the narrative to be completed we will need to wait until layer 8 and layer 9 are published.

I still hate the first three layers and the prelude. I can't stand those levels.

Nevertheless my conclusion is that this game is my favorite FPS game.
Nobody who calls games kinetic has ever snowboarded, kayaked, etc. Sad!
Guest Wrote:Nobody who calls games kinetic has ever snowboarded, kayaked, etc. Sad!

I wouldn't really describe kayaking as kinetic. It's largely a feeling of weightlessness. Maybe whitewater rafting.
This thread's existence is strange to me.
Guest Wrote:Nobody who calls games kinetic has ever snowboarded, kayaked, etc. Sad!

I don't think such action sports are truly kinetic the same way games are, they aren't really about mastering certain action patterns and performing them for extended periods of time. Maybe something like skateboarding or table tennis is closer.
What a bizarre game. A meme game chugging along off the fumes still wafting around from the first true meme game of our age: DOOM (2016). Few talk about this, but DOOM (2016) was the product of a convergence between two memetic "structures" on the internet at the time: 2015 post-ISIS xenophobic crusader Christianity and the first wave of "video essays" about video games on YouTube ("Rip and Tear" comes from an obscure DOOM comic that people only know about because of an old Super Bunnyhop video), packaged in the earlier Obama era stagnation that led to the revival of a bunch of old franchises.

It's something that could be cool in concept. Wanting to be a faceless crusader who loses himself to bloodlust while battling against the odds is a very masculine fantasy. That's a unifying concept behind DOOM (2016) and ULTRAKILL, with its blood-powered robot player character. I imagine that's why a lot of Forklift Certified-Americans played the game when it first came out with a demo. If they stuck with the game until today, I imagine they're probably somewhat bewildered that all of their "fellow fans" are tranny goblins and women.

In terms of the game itself, I have little to say. I haven't played it very much. Why does it look like a PS1 game? Presumably because "low poly grafx" was a 4mexican meme in 2016. The Citadel uses sprites, but they aren't pixelated. It was a conscious decision because the developer is better at rendering things in 2D than he is in 3D. Dominions uses sprites that are pixelated, but this too was a conscious decision to prevent battles with thousands of troops and dozens of flashy spells going off from melting lower-end PCs. ULTRAKILL's dev team presumably outsourced the consciousness of this decision to the transgender Guatemalan hivemind.

The OST, too. It sounds like music out of a YTPMV; one gets the impression the composer is afraid to take things too seriously. In fact, that's the impression you get from the entire game. ULTRAKILL's concepts in the hands of someone with gumption to ignore cool nigger/the 4mex adobe longhut and realize its concepts to their full potential would undoubtedly make for a great game. It would also be a completely different game.

P.S.: You know who else loves ULTRAKILL?
[Image: 9sdd3j.png]
[Image: na8f13.png]

That's right: weird girls. Never doubt the power of an objecthead.
anthony Wrote:
Zed Wrote:

The Touhou connection is very accurate. I've made that comparison before, that the new revisionist interpretation of the 'Boomer Shooter' basically turns what were meant to be action movie experiences into Touhou in 3D (there's even a touhou doom wad). And there's a big overlap in the phenomena Guest is talking about. I haven't seen the footage myself, but I knew a guy who was really into his touhou and touhou communities. He got the footage. He's seen what happens at touhou conventions. He showed me one frame of the video and it looked like something out of Noe's Irreversible but with maid outfits.

The person who initially recommended ULTRAKILL to me is unstable, hysteric, and generally obsessive and the initial aversion which this caused within me towards ULTRAKILL made me begin pondering this, and I think that even more than hyperstimulation such as that which Zed discusses, it has to do with the fine line between the need for mastery versus the obsessive traits of the mentally ill/weak. It's the same reason that a seemingly very European hobby such as speedrunning suffered infiltration by exponentially increasing numbers of trannies, and why right wingers (ones that aren't secretly indio monsters or niggers) label themselves as autistic, or are labelled as autistic. Right wingers are anti-social and seek, at the cost of all else, to better themselves and make themselves worthy (or are anti social because they believe they are already worthy, but others aren't) of something greater. "Autism." I am not autistic, at least according to psychiatry standards. But I act autistic and am called autistic by close friends with whom I can reveal my one-track focuses, because I am steadfast in wanting to know everything about a subject which seems to embody perfection, or because I am persistent in my desire to achieve perfection at a task. Trannies are actually autistic, and are anti-social and compulsive because they have no choice. LKE's post about tranny aryanization is complete nonsense of course, but there are certain similarities, as a sort of incidental matter. Trannies and sensy young men often desire similar objectives. These are for completely different reasons of course, but it perhaps bears investigating. Anime presents a similar spectrum where SYM desire not just an escape but to reach for perfection, whereas trannies see perfection and want to project it onto themselves. The order of operations seems to be reversed, but presupposes many of the same destinations and departures.
And o! beware my watch.

[-]
Quick Reply