Introduction Thread
salko Wrote:Hi, happy to be here. I don't feel like I'm entirely up to speed on the nature of this forum yet, but I'm sure I'll catch on. It seems like there was a previous version that had to shut down, and I get the impression that there are continuities that I don't fully understand. In any case, I'm excited to meet you all.

Hello, happy to have you. And don't fuss too much about culture or norms. I would very much prefer everyone come as they are than try to be what they think we already have.

You may have seen the old forum archive already, it's fun reading but not essential.
anthony Wrote:
salko Wrote:Hi, happy to be here. I don't feel like I'm entirely up to speed on the nature of this forum yet, but I'm sure I'll catch on. It seems like there was a previous version that had to shut down, and I get the impression that there are continuities that I don't fully understand. In any case, I'm excited to meet you all.

Hello, happy to have you. And don't fuss too much about culture or norms. I would very much prefer everyone come as they are than try to be what they think we already have.

You may have seen the old forum archive already, it's fun reading but not essential.

Thanks! I didn't mean norms, really, just the background and purpose. For example, why is the forum named after Amarna? I'm familiar with Atenism, but not with anything that would connect it to the topics discussed here (not that I've necessarily seen their full breadth).
salko Wrote:Thanks! I didn't mean norms, really, just the background and purpose. For example, why is the forum named after Amarna? I'm familiar with Atenism, but not with anything that would connect it to the topics discussed here (not that I've necessarily seen their full breadth).

Spiritually, Amarna is somewhat relevant. And it's a personal interest of an important friend.
Hello. Hoping to get mocked and derided with soyjaks next to my posts.
Piggy Wrote:Hello. Hoping to get mocked and derided with soyjaks next to my posts.

Hello. Not sure about the username. Curious how this turns out. Looking forward to your posts.
Hello. Been lurking for some time, but still not up to date on all of the lingo/in-jokes. Forgive me.
Innsmouth Dweller Wrote:Hello. Been lurking for some time, but still not up to date on all of the lingo/in-jokes. Forgive me.

Hello. Always happy if more people decide to post.

[-]
Quick Reply