Vetmaxxing and Military Service, Future for Young Frogs
Guest Wrote:weak last men be like, ooga booga I needs to get rich from the coinscam lottery so I can send superchats to BAP!!!!

“Yes, wealth is soyjak. Poverty and stupidity gigachad. I am smart.”
Quote:weak last men be like, ooga booga I needs to get rich from the coinscam lottery so I can send superchats to BAP!!!!

You will be singing the same wignat song when bitcoin hits 1 million. You are 35 years old, bald, have known about bitcoin for a decade and never put even $100 into it because you're resentful and larping as "strong soviet man".
Guest Wrote:
Guest Wrote:weak last men be like, ooga booga I needs to get rich from the coinscam lottery so I can send superchats to BAP!!!!

“Yes, wealth is soyjak. Poverty and stupidity gigachad. I am smart.”

The following forum is more to your speed: CreatedIn2011Btw
BillyONare Wrote:I was addressing OP. I’m agreeing with you.

My bad, it seemed targeted towards me because of the use of the word millionaire and because it was right after my post.
[Image: cca7bac0c3817004e84eace282cc7a3d.jpg]
If you want a post-military career in defense contracting, join the Air Force and find something with a Top Secret security clearance.
If you want to do infantry shit, join the Army and go airborne.
If you want to do SOF, make sure it's what you want.
If you want to be a Marine, that's the only good reason to choose the Marine Corps.
If you want men, join the Navy (or bonus points if you go Brokeback Mountain and join Army cav).
If you want a sense of belonging, join a book club, not the military.

Army infantry will teach you the basics of fire and maneuver, CQB, how to organize and move under gear, patrol base ops, any small arms, maybe mortars if you get a Chuck contract. You'll train on night vision, grenades, machine guns, all that fun shit. Unfortunately, the Army finds a way to make the most exciting aspects miserable. Ranges will be organized in the most homosexual fashion possible, you may find yourself dreading all the cool guy stuff by the end of it.

Warning: You will be surrounded by drunken loudmouths in any combat arms field. It varies from group to group. Some of my closest friends were from the military, but it's mostly mouth-breathers who watched too many movies.
There are a variety of factors that come into play for someone considering a military career in the US. The first is age; the older you are the more limited your options become. 

For High Schoolers:

You can either enter the military as an officer or as an enlisted man. In general I think people who read forums such as this would benefit from a college education and belong in the kinds of jobs that require college degrees (like running the government) and so I would recommend becoming an officer first. There are three routes to becoming an officer; go to a normal college and then join the military afterwards through officer candidate school, attend a service academy, or attend a normal college on a ROTC scholarship. Of these three routes, ROTC scholarship is unequivocally the best option. If you are an able-bodied white man and not a retarded lazy fuck-up then you'll find earning the scholarship to be super easy. Additionally, applying to a good school as a ROTC cadet significantly improves your chances of admittance; colleges love students that already have a means of paying, of course, but a number of prestigious school's administrations have recently caught the 'military bug' and love ROTC cadets as a new source of diversity (I know it sounds like I'm joking but I'm not) and as potentially exciting notable alumni. Princeton is quite proud that the current EUCOM commander is one of their alums. Also, the ROTC programs at Ivies and the like are usually run by good networkers who can lean on the admissions committee to let in more of their potential cadets. 

Now you may be thinking "but I don't want a military life, I just want a few years of experience," well, officer contracts are only 4-5 years in duration. It's very, very common for junior officers to leave the service after a few years and transition to a life of prosperous bourgeois gentility as lawyers, investment bankers, and consultants. Typical career of a high-achieving public-minded guy who did a few years as an officer is someone like Robert Kimmitt

If against all my advice you still want to enlist because you don't want to contract the woke mind virus at college then here's my recommendation: 18x or Option 40 contract in the Army. This is fastest and most reliable route to doing cool hardcore little dark age music video edit cool stuff. 

For guys in college:

If you're still young enough to join ROTC and potentially earn a scholarship then go for it. If not, your option is OCS to become an officer. This could still be worthwhile. Out of all the prestigious jobs for power-hungry young college graduates, I would rank military officer the highest; the work-life balance is pretty good, the job is interesting, and there's an emphasis on physical fitness and lots of opportunities to challenge oneself. 

Don't drop out and enlist. You'll be around a bunch of recent HS grads with very juvenile senses of humor and poor social skills. You'll probably become depressed. It'll only be worth it to do this if you pursue the 18X contract and then only if you succeed. If you do succeed it'd be pretty cool, though.

For older guys out of college:

I personally would be depressed getting bossed around by people my age or younger than me. There's not much of a reward at this point and your body will likely rebel against you at many points. I don't recommend becoming an officer unless you're super connected like Hunter Biden and can get a direct commission. I certainly don't recommend enlisting.

[-]
Quick Reply